“What does SHE need plastic surgery for?”

If the thought has ever crossed your mind, then media has done a great job at creating the illusion that youth and beauty are a pursuit that holds merit only for the wrinkled and otherwise hopeless.

Sure, plastic surgery was once the domain of the affluent 50-something-year-old woman who, after maturing sufficiently, could “justify” undergoing a nip-tuck with limited criticism. But, ladies (and gents), times have changed.

Surgery, Not ‘Surgery’

Plastic surgery today has taken on a broader scope of meaning. First off, we say “plastic surgery” but we don’t really mean that it’s limited to surgery specifically. Consider this: According to the most recent statistics reported by the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS), 82% of all reported procedures last year were non-surgical, leaving a mere 18% of the total in the surgical category. All those people getting plastic surgery aren’t really having surgery at all: they’re having skin-, laser-, and injectable treatments, all of which fall within the non-surgical category.

And, yes, it’s the new hybrid plastic surgeon who is at the helm: those with both surgical and non-surgical expertise who can evaluate and prescribe anything from a microdermabrasion to keep adolescent (and adult!) acne at bay, to a breast reduction to relieve an aching back.

The Beauty of Blending

Beyond flexibility with scope of treatment, Julius Few, MD, has taken the concept of the hybrid surgeon to a whole new level with his “blending” philosophy that strategically employs non-surgical and/or surgical options to deliver individualized results over time for patients of all ages. Why? Aging itself exists along a continuum, so it’s only logical that the pursuit of beauty should as well.

At the end of the day, there’s nothing wrong with aging. It’s just a matter of how well you do it.

The Continuum of Beauty is a complete break away from the traditional approach to plastic surgery, emphasizing early prevention and continued treatment at multiple points in time.

So what does “SHE need plastic surgery for?

  • A lifetime of healthy, beautiful skin
  • Natural-looking results
  • To age with grace

And the best way to achieve these is by starting young, when prevention should be every girl’s mantra.

At the end of the day, there’s nothing wrong with aging. It’s just a matter of how well you do it.